Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkins

So this fall, I have been craftier than normal. Really it is due to my crafty friend. If she gets an idea, I get motivated; most activities are more fun with a buddy. Here we made pumpkin decorations using scraps of wood cut into various rectangles. We painted them orange, distressed the edges with sand paper, then painted the edges with some dark wood stain. Afterward we used scrapbook paper, buttons, rafia, sticker letters, and Modge Podge to decorate them. One side has a Halloween theme, while the other is simply decorated for Fall. Get directions here.





We made pumpkin pancakes recently
too! My Food Network magazine for
October gave a month's worth of uses
for pumpkins. It's really cool because
every day in October there is a
different idea. For Saturday, the 1st
it said, "Make pumpkin pancakes for
brunch: Stir 1/3 cup each pumpkin
puree and chopped walnuts into 2
cups batter". Because I always like
to add my personal touch to recipes
I try, I add a couple of sprinkles of
pumpkin pie spice to the mix. The
pancakes turned out yummy!










And finally I made some really easy and yummy pumpkin butter to give out as gifts. I love this recipe because I got to use my little dip Crock Pot. I let it cook for a few hours, then cool for a couple. Afterward, I spooned it into pint jars sealed with a square of burlap over the lid and a ribbon around the top. The recipe can be found here. Enjoy!























No comments:

Post a Comment