Friday, November 12, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Sour Cream Enchiladas

Sour Cream Enchiladas

8 oz. sour cream
10 3/4 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
4 oz. can green chiles, chopped
12 flour or corn tortillas
2 1/2 to 3lbs. cooked, boned, and shredded chicken
8 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
4 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated

Combine sour cream, soup, broth, and green chiles. Heat and stir until smooth and well blended. To soften tortillas, place one at a time directly into soup mixture. Lift tortillas out of soup mixture. Place 3 tablespoons of chicken and 2 to 3 tablespoons of each cheese in center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in 2-quart baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salsa. Freezes well.

From My Experience: I was given this recipe from a friend, and I've always wanted to try it. I decided it would be a great recipe to multiply, so I ended up making several batches. To do so, I used the meat from two roasted chickens, which I had cooked and pulled the day before, and quadrupled the rest of the recipe. Consequently, I was able to make 4 possibly 5 meals. Now I will have a frozen main dish on hand when I need to bring dinner to a family or when I don't feel like cooking anything elaborate. It was an easy and fun recipe to try. I brought all my supplies into the living room, and set up on the coffee table so I could watch a movie while going through the process. I learned from making a mess, that you should keep one hand wet to handle the tortillas while keeping the other hand dry to scoop the chicken and cheese. This will make you more efficient and the process go smoother. We ate one batch that night, and they tasted awesome. My biggest critic (my husband) loved them.


No comments:

Post a Comment