Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Project


So I wouldn't call myself a crafty person, but with a buddy I am more willing to get involved on a project. In the December 2010 Martha Stewart Living magazine, they showed this Christmas card holder. I have been wanted one to display my Christmas cards, and this seemed easy to make. A friend and I got together to recreate what was published in the magazine. To make one yourself, you will need: a 14-inch embroidery hoop, mini wooden clothespins, wood glue, and a ribbon. The magazine said to glue the clothespins 1 1/2 inches apart, but I spaced them 2 inches apart and still had more clips on mine than the picture in the magazine. Suspend the hoop with a ribbon. The picture shows the ribbon a little higher, but I had a hard time finding wall space (hence the light switch in view). This was a super easy and inexpensive project for the holidays!

1 comment: