Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix

I found a paper pullout of Chex mix recipes, so I tried the cheesy version for the coaches Jake works with for Christmas. Below you can see the tins I found to put it in, and the paper with 5 recipes for Chex mix. There are lots more variations on Chex.com/recipes.


Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix

9 cups Corn, Rice, or Wheat Chex cereal (or combination)

2 cups bite-size pretzel twists

2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1 package (1 oz.) ranch dressing and seasoning mix

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


1. In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, pretzels, and crackers. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.


2. Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in an airtight container.





















From my experience: I had a bag of store-bought Chex mix that my husband didn't want to eat, so I used that for the 9 cups. Then I put 2 cups of Cheese Nips and 2 cups of White Cheddar Cheese Nips. After I made the first batch, I realized that there was so much seasoning that another cup or two of anything could have been added. When I made batch 2, I added pretzels and more Cheese Nips. It turned out really good; my husband was disappointed there wasn't any leftover for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment