Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Best Beef Burger

Burgers are my husbands favorite food. I have never made homemade burgers and wanted to give them a try. With this experiment I realized I can make good burgers at home!


Best Beef Burgers
Serves 4


2 pounds ground

1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard

1 tablespoon
Worcestershire sauce

Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
4 hamburger buns




1. Heat the grill to high. In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine the ground chuck with Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently form the mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties.


2. Place the patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move patties to cooler part of the grill; continue grilling until desired doneness, 4 to 8 minutes per side.


3. Split the hamburger buns and toast on the grill if you like; place a burger on each bun and serve with the desired accompaniments.
Recipe found in Everday Food cookbook Great Food Fast



From my experience: I wanted to make leaner and thinner patties, so I only used one pound of lean ground beef instead of chuck. If you use meat that has less fat like lean beef or turkey, you will want to increase the mustard and sauce to keep the patties juicy. As seen in the picture above, I used a grill pan to cook them. They were really quite easy to make since few ingredients are required. The hamburger patties made great burgers too with a tangy taste from the mustard and sauce. My husband liked them, but he would eat any burger. I enjoyed my hamburger so much, I was craving leftovers for breakfast! I served the hamburgers with roasted sweet potato slices seasoned with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment