Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Gingersnap Dip

This recipe is one that I have wanted to try for a while. It comes from a Halloween cookbook, but I just never ended up making it in the fall. I was looking for a recipe to try this week and realized I had all of the ingredients for this dip. You all know, I love dips!


Gingersnap Dip
Yield: 3 cups

*1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
*1 cup confectioners' sugar
*2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
*1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping,
thawed
*1 package (16 ounces) gingersnaps

In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese,
confectioners' sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat in
whipped topping until blended. Refrigerate until
serving. Serve with gingersnaps.


Recipe found in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites cookbook



From my experience: This was super simple to make, but of course I didn't follow the recipe steps so my dip turned out lumpy. I should have softened my cream cheese and/or blended it for a second before mixing other ingredients. Despite the dip's appearance, it was delectable! It tasted great with the gingersnaps and also with honey wheat pretzels (they are twisted pretzel sticks and if you haven't had them, you should). If you leave out the pumpkin pie spice or add others, it would be great with fruit. My husband liked the dip so much, he wanted to just eat it with a spoon. I will definitely make this dip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment