Monday, June 27, 2011

Mexican Martini

I am adding a bonus recipe, since it was such a hit the week we were in Colorado. It is similar to the Trudy's restaurant version. A while ago, my good friend came to Austin, ate at Trudy's and fell in love with their Mexican Martinis. Afterward, her husband looked up their recipe online to recreate the drink. They joined us in Colorado last year, and brought all of the fixings for this favorite drink; we certainly enjoyed them too! They weren't able to come with us this summer, however their martini recipe was a success again!

Mexican Martini

Mix in a shaker with ice:
* 1.5 ounces Tequila
* 1.5 ounces Triple Sec
* 2 ounces Sweet & Sour mix
* 1 ounce orange juice
* 1 ounce lime juice

Shake and stain into a glass with green olives.
* If you want it extra dirty, then only put 1/2 ounce lime juice and 1/2 ounce of green olive juice instead of the 1 ounce of lime juice.

My friend Stacy and I are toasting are martinis just before midnight to celebrate the last of my twenties! I turned 30 0n June 19th (but I still feel 25).

No comments:

Post a Comment