Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Tequila-Lime Shrimp

I added this recipe since we were about to go on vacation, where I wouldn't be doing much cooking and certainly no experimentation. It was tried and tested by my mother-in-law, but we were asked to come to dinner and therefore saw the final steps and tasted this new recipe.

Tequila-Lime Shrimp
(for 1 lb. shrimp)

Marinade:
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. tequila
1/4 cup olive oil
fresh garlic
fresh cilantro
black pepper
fresh jalapeno
garnish with lime wedges

1. Mix marinade, and put it in a bag with shrimp. Let marinade for 1-4 hours.


2. Discard marinade, then put shrimp on skewers.


3. Grill shrimp skewers 5-7 minutes on medium heat.


From my experience: She of course had added salt, and I think used only 1 jalapeno. It seemed to be a fairly easy recipe to follow. The most difficult part for here was peeling and deveining the shrimp. The result was very good, but we agreed it needed more tang in the taste. I think maybe less oil, since there seemed to be plenty of liquid in the marinade. Another suggestion, would be to add lime zest and more of the juice. I think I will try this recipe again, if the right occasion were to arise. Hopefully, Sloane will try it next time. She is not a shrimp fan as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment