Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Citrus Salad

I made this salad for Easter lunch with my family. My chef friend made it for me one Mother's Day, my mom loved it so much she asked for this salad specifically.

Citrus Salad

*pineapple, sliced
*strawberries, sliced
*mandarin oranges
*spring mix lettuce
*citrus vinaigrette

Put fruit on top of spring mix. Drizzle citrus vinaigrette on top.


Citrus Vinaigrette
*2 Tbs. lemon juice
*2 Tbs. lime juice
*3 Tbs. orange juice
*1-2 Tbs. sugar
*3 cloves garlic, minced
*1/4 Canola oil
*1/4 Olive oil
*salt
*pepper

From my experience: For the dressing, I measured out everything putting it in a jar, then shook it to mix. I think it would have mixed better had I used a whisk or blender, because it still had an oil aftertaste. The measurements I played around with to get the right taste. For the salad, I added toasted coconut on top of the fruit to add another element; it was a success. The salad was yummy, I will definitely make it again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment