Saturday, May 21, 2011

Recipe of the Week: London Broil

London Broil

3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 (2 lb.) flank steak or round steak

1. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, soy sauce, oil, ketchup, oregano, and black pepper. Pierce meat with a fork on both sides. Place meat and marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.

2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.

3. Lightly oil the grill gate. Place steak on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Do not overcook, as it is better on the rare side.

Recipe found on allrecipes.com.


From my experience: This recipe was simple and easy, because all of the ingredients I had on hand, plus I measured all of the ingredients and mixed them directly in a gallon-size plastic bag. I hadn't planned this recipe ahead, so I didn't have 8 hours to marinade, mine soaked for about 3 to 4 hours. The meat was juicy and the marinade flavorful. I will definitely use this recipe again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment